If you're hearing a loud rattling sound coming from your unit, your thermoelectric components may be over working and have frozen over.
To better diagnose your Plum's experience and set up, confirm the following specifications for installation/location of your Plum:
- Does the Plum currently have 3 to 4 inches of clearance around the back?
- Does the Plum currently have 6 inches on either side?
- Does the Plum currently have 6 inches of space above it, including any cabinetry?
- Is the Plum near a Window in direct sunlight?
- Is the Plum near a heat generating source?
- If possible, please send us a photo of your Plum's set up.
It is possible that a "manual defrost cycle" could help recover your thermoelectric components performance. To conduct a "manual defrost cycle" you must finish any bottles within the unit and have empty chambers. Once the unit is empty, follow these instructions:
- Dry out any condensation under the needles and in drip tray.
- Open the door and turn off the unit for 12 hours.
- Once the plum is restarted check the temperature after 12 hours.
- Reach back out once the unit is back online and we'll run a final diagnostic to assure this was resolved.
Once this process is completed you may turn your device on again and reach out to customer support. We ask that you wait for us to pull our diagnostics before loading in a new wine bottle to ensure that your experience will be up to Plum standard.
If you have any other questions about this process or need any help, please feel free to reach out!