To resolve your Plum's clogging issue, you'll need to perform a thorough cleaning of the needle(s), chamber(s) and spout of your Plum.
To begin cleaning your Plum you will need an argon hole cleaning tool, a cleaning bottle, cleaning solution to clean or resolve any clogs.
If you don't have this tool, or any of the needle supplies, please reach out to Customer Support with your shipping address and we'll provide you with one.
The chamber will need to be empty to complete cleaning. Once the wine is finished follow the following steps. To drain a bottle in a chamber, you can request to Remove Bottle via Settings > General > Remove Bottle > Replace - Desired Side. If this chamber is occupied with a full bottle, please call customer support and we can help remove your bottle without leaking.
Phone: 1 (844) 794-0755 Email: Support@Plum.wine
1. Once the chamber is clear, you'll need to go into Settings > General > Maintenance > Needle > Clear - Desire. Once selected he Plum will lower the wine tray that typically holds the bottle to allow you to access the needle and then open the door.
2. Then you will use the tip cleaning tool to push the smaller holes at the very top of the tip, pushing all the way through, as illustrated in the picture below. There are 4 holes 90˚apart so pushing in one side then out the other clears 2, then clean through the second set the same way so all 4 have been cleared.
3. Once complete, closing the door will reposition the needle so you can run the next part of the cleaning process. When the tray returns to the correct position, you can begin the cleaning cycle by selecting Settings > General > Maintenance > Clean.
4. The Plum will walk you through the next part of the cleaning process. You will need to run a cleaning cycle using the Plum cleaning kit. Fill the bottle up with your hottest tap water (between 120˚ - 140˚ F), then added the cleaning packet, place the cap back on, and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
Note: If there is no water coming out of your Plum during this cycle, this is a significant clog and your needle will need to be replaced. Please reach back out to Customer Support if this happens.
5. After the cleaning cycles is complete, use a brush or warm damp cloth to scrub the spout of your Plum.
Once this cleaning is complete and all steps are complete your unit will confirm if any clogs were resolved.
If the cleaning does not resolve the clog, please let us know so we can provide additional support to fully resolve this.